Walden Wild Run
JOIN US FOR A ‘WILD RUN’ THROUGH THE GROUNDS OF DEBDEN AIRFIELD NEAR SAFFRON WALDEN ON SUNDAY 18TH DECEMBER 2022
Debden is a former RAF airfield in England, located 3 miles from Saffron Walden and approximately 1 mile from the village of Debden in North Essex.
The airfield was opened in April 1937 and was first used by the Royal Air Force during the early years of World War II. Many different RAF Squadrons have been based here including 1, 17, 29, 65, 73, 80, 85, 87, 111, 157, 418, 504 and 601.
Today this historic site forms the backdrop to our amazing Walden Wild Run.
This run takes place on a mixture of disused runways, gravel trails, muddy paths, cleared undergrowth, muddy wasteland, water features and patches of rough ground. In addition there are thirteen challenges per lap, using the natural landscape of the airfield. You can expect to get wet and muddy, and trail shoes with grip are essential. We would also recommend wearing leg covering as there may be some undergrowth to run through.
You have a choice of a one-lap 9km or a two-lap 18km challenge starting and finishing on the playing fields where you will collect your well-earned medal. For those tackling the two-lap challenge, there will be a drinks station to refresh you, before heading out on your second lap.
- Location: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
- Start time: 9:00am
Distances: 9km and 18km off-road Run
- Minimum Age:
Min age 15 on 18/12/2022
Activity: Off-road Running on trails, paths, tracks and rough ground
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From £20
- Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
£3 Car parking fee on the day
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This well-marked run takes place on a mixture of disused runways, gravel trails, muddy paths, cleared undergrowth, muddy wasteland, water features and patches of rough ground.
In addition there are thirteen challenges per lap, using the natural landscape of the airfield.
You can expect to get wet and muddy, and trail shoes with grip are essential.
We would also recommend wearing leg covering as there may be some undergrowth to run through.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed at events and we hope you will bring your supporters along to cheer you on.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your top.
Parking available at the venue – £3 car parking fee payable on arrival
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – the car park is close to the start/finish line
There will be toilets available.
There will be a water station at the end of the lap and at the finish. All litter must be carried or deposited in the bins at the water station.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 15 as at 18/12/2022.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.