Watford Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE ANNUAL WATFORD HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 2023
& THE FAMILY FUN RUN!
This UK Athletics Gold Graded event has strong history within the running community and has been taking place for over 40 years.
Those looking for a challenge can take on this scenic, undulating Half Marathon which takes you on a challenging but rewarding route through the country lanes of Watford.
Historically, this event has featured the Hertfordshire Half Marathon Championships. To be eligible, you must have been born in Hertfordshire or been a resident for 9 months. If this event is chosen again for the Championships, you must state your eligibility during registration process.
With 4.4 out of 5 Stars on RACECHECK we’re sure you will love it as much as we do!
In an effort to make the event more sustainable we will not be offering finisher t shirts this year, instead we will be paying to plant one tree for every £100 we take in entry fees #TREESNOTTEES
You have the option of purchasing an event T-Shirt in advance as a memento of the day for just £10!
The Half Marathon is in support of Peace Hospice Care, Watford
FAMILY FUN RUN
The new Family Fun Run is a 1.8km run open to all ages (under 8’s must be accompanied by a full paying adult) and stays within Cassiobury Park.
If you’d like to be included in the schools competition please make sure you put your child’s school name on the registration form.
The Fun Run is in support of Mount Vernon Cancer Centre.
- Location: Cassiobury Park Avenue, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 7HF
- Start times: Half Marathon: 10:30am | Family Fun Run: 9:30am
- Distances: Half Marathon 13.1 miles
- Minimum Age: Half Marathon – 17yrs (age at 05/02/23) | Fun Run – no minimum age however under 8’s must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: From £10
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
Undulating Closed Road Race.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
1st Male & Female £300
2nd Male & Female £200
3rd Male & Female £100
1st Male or Female Over 40 £100
Hertfordshire Senior County Championship Prizes
Prizes available for the first 3 men’s and first 3 women’s Hertfordshire Clubs Teams.
Men’s Team: First 4 finishers to score
Women’s Team: First 3 finishers to score
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
In an effort to make the event more sustainable we will not be offering finisher t shirts this year, instead we will be paying to plant one tree for every £100 we take in entry fees. (You have the option to pre-order an event t-shirt for just £10)
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
There is no organised parking available at Cassiobury Park. Parking is available in Watford City Centre.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area at this event.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on the half marathon route in 330ml bottles made from recycled plastic.
Due to street furniture, unfortunately we are unable to provide a wheelchair wave, however this is something we will be looking into for 2023.
Headphones are not permitted for any part of the event (except medically prescribed hearing devices)
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
Whether this is your first event and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals. We’ve teamed up with Chili Tri to offer plans that sync with your device and calendar PLUS you get daily e-mail contact from a qualified coach!
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.