Welwyn Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE WELWYN HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY 27th FEBRUARY 2022.
The Welwyn Half Marathon starts and finishes on the 400m athletics track at Gosling Sports Park. You will be directed out of the stadium, towards the Cole Green Way – a disused railway line which is now the perfect track to run along. After this traffic free section you will complete a short loop to bring you back onto the Cole Green Way again. You then complete the first section in reverse and finish with a track finish at Gosling Sports Park.
Taking place at the end of February this is also a perfect preparation race for anyone taking part in a Spring marathon.
This race will be operating a 3 hour cut off time, after which there will not be marshals and course signage available.
We are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to complete a half marathon distance in a small scale, friendly environment. The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license and be officially chip-timed by our professional timing partner, Event Chip Timing.
The race will start from 09:00am in a rolling-start format with athletes aiming for the fastest predicted times and the race win, leading the way. This format will avoid any bottlenecks from forming as you leave the stadium.
There will also be the Welwyn Micro Marathon around the Gosling 400m athletics track, for kids which will be free! This always creates a fantastic atmosphere before the start of the main event.
- Location: Gosling Sports Park, Stanborough Road, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6XE
- Start times: From 9:00am (to be confirmed)
- Distances: 13.1 miles/21K
- Minimum Age: 17yrs – (age as 27/2/22)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £23 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: TBA
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about paid marshalling opportunities, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
We are pleased to be able to welcome spectators back at our events….bring your tambourines, bells, claxons and loud voices to cheer on all our runners.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finishers on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
There will be a 3 hour cut off time in operation, after which there will not be marshals or signage available.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Limited paid Parking is available at the race venue with additional parking locations available in Welwyn Town centre. Further details will be provided in the pre-race information.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage drop tent
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.