Welwyn Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE WELWYN HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY 22ND AUGUST 2021.
The Welwyn Half Marathon starts and finishes on the 400m athletics track at Gosling Sports Park. You will be directed out of the stadium, towards the Cole Green Way – a disused railway line which is now the perfect track to run along. After this traffic free section you will complete a short loop to bring you back onto the Cole Green Way again. You then complete the first section in reverse and finish with a track finish at Gosling Sports Park.
At just 6 weeks out from this years London Marathon this is also a perfect preparation race to incorporate into your training.
This race will be operating a 3 hour cut off time, after which there will not be marshals and course signage available.
With events around the country being cancelled we are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to complete the half marathon distance in a small scale, socially distanced environment. The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
The official chip timed half marathon will held in waves of runners starting from 09:00am in a time trial format with the athletes with the fastest predicted times going off first. The start line will be similar to a Formula 1 starting grid with athletes being kept socially distanced on the start line and starting in small waves.
There will also be the Welwyn Micro Marathon around the Gosling 400m athletics track, for kids which will be free! This always creates a fantastic atmosphere before the start of the main event.
As Active Training World continue to organise events during this difficult time, we undertand that many people are nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video “Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events”
- Location: Gosling Sports Park, Stanborough Road, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6XE
- Start times: From 9:00am (to be confirmed)
- Distances: 13.1 miles/21K
- Minimum Age: 17yrs – (age as 22/8/21)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: 2 options from just £27 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: TBA
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason we are discouraging spectators to attend the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving ceremony. Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first half marathon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised Half Marathon training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
There will be a 3 hour cut off time in operation, after which there will not be marshals or signage available.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Limited paid Parking is available at the race venue with additional parking locations available in Welwyn Town centre. Further details will be provided in the pre race information.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.