Wendover Woods Duathlon
JOIN US FOR A WINTER DUATHLON IN WENDOVER WOODS ON SUNDAY 12TH DECEMBER 2021
Wendover Woods is the highest point in the Chilterns, and what better place to start a superb Duathlon event, with stunning views over the local countryside.
The first run takes place on the firm firecrest trail that wind gently down through the woods before snaking their way back up to the visitor’s centre.
The bike course heads out of Wendover Woods on to local country roads and drops down into the village of Wendover before heading back up to StLeonards.
The final section of the bike leg is completed by riding through the Wendover Woods estate on a beautiful scenic road that takes your breath away.
The second run sees you heading back on to the fire tracks in the woods for a single lap, finishing near the visitors centre where you will collect your well-earned medal.
- Location: Wendover Woods, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury HP22 5NQ
- Start time: 8:30am
Distances: Sprint Duathlon & Standard Duathlon
- Minimum Age:
Standard Distance min age 17 on 31/12/2021
Sprint Distance min age 15 on 12/12/2021
Activity: Multisport – Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: £40 Sprint, £50 Standard (+ £6 BTF day licence for non-memebers)
- British Triathlon Licence applied for
- Refunds: ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well marked runs on firm, firetrack trails through beautiful mature woodland. Undulating bike course on tarmac roads
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed at events and we hope you will bring your supporters along to cheer you on.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first duathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking available – tickets must be purchased at venue machines
Run – Yes / Bike – No
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – Duathlon entrants can leave a bag in transition area
There will be toilets available.
There will be a water station on the run route and there will be water available, self-service style, at the finish. All litter must be carried or deposited in the bins at the water station.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Duathlon) as at 31/12/2021 or 15 (Sprint Duathlon) as at 12/12/2021.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of British Triathlon rules.
6) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to select your estimated run time for both distances as close as you can to the given options in hours and minutes (e.g. 26.30 – 26.45)
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.