ATW Wendover Woods WICKED Trail Run
JOIN US FOR A WICKED TRAIL RUN IN THE BEAUTIFUL WENDOVER WOODS ON SUNDAY 4TH DECEMBER 2022
Organised by runners, for runners
Wendover Woods is the highest point in the Chilterns, and what better place to enjoy an amazing Trail Run, with stunning views over the local countryside.
The run takes place on the firm firecrest trail that wind gently down through the woods before snaking their way back up to the visitor’s centre.
You have a choice of 5, 10, 15, 20km or our new 6hr Enduro distance to tackle. All the distances finish near the visitors centre where you will collect your well-earned medal, and your supporters can cheer you on.
NEW FOR 2022 – we have introduced a 6hr Enduro race. How many 5km laps can you complete in 6hrs? Tackle this as either a solo challenge or a join up with up to 4 fellow runners to run it as a 2, 3 or 4 person relay. In the event of a tie, the time taken to complete the distance achieved will act as the tiebreaker.
This event will be hosted by Wendover Woods, a Forestry England venue. Forestry England manage landscapes for wildlife to thrive, people to enjoy and as a source of sustainable wood. 20% of your ticket fee will go towards maintaining Forestry England visitor facilities including visitor centres, play areas, bike trails and other facilities. By joining this event, you’ll help support our forests and maintain the facilities for you and your family to enjoy.
- Location: Wendover Woods, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury HP22 5NQ
- Start time: 9:00am
Distances: 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K Trail Run, 6hr solo or team enduro
- Minimum Age:
Trail Run and Enduro Relay – min age 15 on 04/12/2022
Enduro solo runners – min age 18 on 04/12/2022
Activity: Off-road Running
Open to: Solo participants and team relay
Entry Fee: From £17
- Refunds: ATW does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: ATW
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
Well marked runs on firm, firetrack trails through beautiful mature woodland.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed at events and we hope you will bring your supporters along to cheer you on.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your top. Relay teams will each receive a number to wear and an ankle timing chip to act as a relay baton.
Parking available – parking fee must be purchased on the day at venue machines
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – the car park is close to the start/finish line
There will be toilets available.
There will be a water and gel station on the run route and there will be water available, self-service style, at the finish. All litter must be carried or deposited in the bins at the water station. There will be an area allocated next to the feed station each lap for anyone wishing to access their own feed/nutrition bag.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 15 as at 04/12/2022.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.