Wendover Woods Wild Canicross
PACK YOUR POOCH IN TO THE CAR AND JOIN US FOR A ‘WILD’ CANICROSS RUN THROUGH THE BEAUTIFUL WENDOVER WOODS ON SUNDAY 13TH MARCH 2022
Wendover Woods is the highest point in the Chilterns, and what better place for you and your ‘best friend’ to enjoy the terrific trails, footpaths and tracks, with stunning views over the local countryside.
The canicross event will start 15 minutes before the trail running event.
You have a choice of a 5.5 mile and a 10 mile distance, starting and finishing near the visitors centre where you and your pooch will collect your well-earned medals.
Both the distances are a single lap route with the 5.5 mile option cutting back at half way. The distance won’t be the only challenge for this event as its run on the trails and footpaths that zig-zag their way up and down the Wendover Woods estate. The 10 mile route tackles 6 significant climbs that will take both of your breath away, (literally!) while the 5.5 mile route has ‘only’ 3.
By registering you confirm that you and your dog are physically fit to participate. Both courses include potential tripping hazards and technical running surfaces, therefore appropriate clothing/footwear must be worn. All dogs taking part must be wearing a suitable running harness attached to a bungee line and waist belt. (Dogs will not be accepted into the event with their leash attached to their collar)
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event in a an outdoor setting.
This event will be hosted by Wendover Woods, a Forestry England venue. Forestry England manage landscapes for wildlife to thrive, people to enjoy and as a source of sustainable wood. 20% of your ticket fee will go towards maintaining Forestry England visitor facilities including visitor centres, play areas, bike trails and other facilities. By joining this event, you’ll help support our forests and maintain the facilities for you and your family to enjoy.
- Location: Wendover Woods, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury HP22 5NQ
- Start time: 8:45am
Distances: 5.5 mile and 10 mile Trail Run
- Minimum Age:
All dogs must be under the control of someone age 16+ (on event day)
Activity: Off-road Running on trails, paths and tracks
Open to: Participants and their dogs
Entry Fee: From £25 (includes Forestry Commission fee)
- Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: Car parking fees apply on the day – we recommend car sharing where possible.
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well marked runs on a mixture of firm trails, narrow footpaths and muddy tracks, through beautiful mature woodland.
Shoes with decent grip are highly recommended!
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed at events and we hope you will bring your supporters along to cheer you on.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers on two legs and four!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the ‘top dogs’ in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Runners must wear their race numbers pinned to the front of their tops. An additional number will be provided that can be attached to your 4-legged friend if you wish.
Parking available in the on-site car park – tickets must be purchased at venue machines
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – the car park is close to the start/finish line
There will be toilets available at the visitors centre. It goes without saying that you are responsible for clearing up after your dog.
There will be a water station at just after 3 miles and 8 miles with water bowls for the dogs too. All litter must be carried or deposited in the bins at the water station.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 16 as at 13/03/2022.
2) I declare that my dog and I are both medically fit to compete & understand that we do so entirely at our own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at our own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to ourselves, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athletes understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.