Remembrance Run Essex
7th November 2020.
Starting at 09.30
This event is organised by Active Training World
Remembrance Run Essex
This is a flat and fast course set up by Active Training World, assembled at Carver Barracks, Saffron Waldon on the weekend closest to Remembrance Day (informally known as Poppy Day, owing to the tradition of wearing the remembrance poppy), which has been observed in Commonwealth member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. The course is designed in the shape of an aircraft in honour of so many RAF and USAAF who were stationed here over the years.
As Active Training World continue to organise events during this difficult time, we undertand that many people are nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events
We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and a postponement date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
Saturday 07th November 2020.
Half Marathon: 13:00
1-mile fun run: 15:30
LOCATION: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
UKA Provisional License No: 2020-41076
Online entries: Pay by major credit/debit cards
Race numbers will be collected at the the event venue on the morning of the race. Registration will open at the following times:
1 mile: 14:15-15:15
Please arrive in sufficient time to collect your race number.
Book your place
- If you have previously used ATW to enter events, your old registration details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in. You will receive a Welcome email with a link to create your password.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 12.34)
- We are delighted to, once again, be supporting the Felix Fund. Almost every day bomb disposal and search personnel deal with highly pressured situations. This continued exposure to intense stress can have lasting effects, both physical and mental. Felix Fund aims to assist with the well-being of individuals within the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Search community. Please add a donation to your entry and support this important work.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to Spectators and competitors. For this reason we are discouraging spectators from attending the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd man and woman trophies in each race distance.
Age group prizes in in 10 year bands.
There will be no prize giving on the day and prizes will be sent in the post after the event.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? This unique course tracks clock-wise as per the map below. 5K and 10K runners follow the solid red line. Half Marathon runners follow the solid red line, then take a detour onto the dashed line to add on the extra distance to their lap, before re-joining the original course.
The course is suitable for wheelchairs and prams/buggies.
Other Race Information
It is a statutory requirement that every competitor completes a Pre-Event Health Questionnaire no more than 14 days before the start of the event. It is important that you complete and return this to confirm that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Parking and Transport
Ample free parking is available at the venue. Parking will be open from 07.15
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will not be a baggage area within transition. Other options are currently being considered.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.